Tuesday 1 January 2013

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies!

HELLO EVERYONE! :D
Oh goodness, I've got all behind... MERRY CHRISTMAS! HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope this post finds everyone well and happy during the latter stages of the festive season, and the start of a new year!
How were your Christmases? Non-stop present opening and food eating? Yeah, me too. :)
And while I sit here, writing this post, watching Mary Poppins and munching on a bag of jelly tots, I'm still saying to myself, 'oh, this doesn't matter! It IS Christmas after all!'. Is that sad? I suppose it is. Seeing as right this minute my dad is staggering with the Christmas tree out of the lounge and through the front door. Oh well, only 357 days till we do it all again!
But, I have to say, I've had the loveliest Christmas and it's always better to go out on a high note.
And by courtesy of my lovely mum and dad, I've adopted a new piece of tech to my ever growing hoard of baking electrical equipment. Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce to you...
MY NEW KNITCHENAID ELECTRIC MIXER! Isn't she a beauty?

And so, to ensure that my new mixer's début usage was a GLORIOUS one. I made a batch of possibly my favourite biscuits ever, from my favourite recipe ever, from my favourite blog ever! Thank you KatieCakes! These cookies are so wonderfully easy to make, and you can store them in your freezer, meaning you'll never be out of a homemade batch of cookies should the time arise. :)
This is definitely my 'most made' recipe and everyone loves it (especially my boyfriend Harry, who's always clamouring for some of these mega cookies!)


Ingredients
150g unsalted butter
125g soft light brown sugar
100g caster sugar
2tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, fridge cold
1 egg, yolk fridge cold
300g flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
350g pack of chocolate drops

Methods
Preheat the oven to 170 degree, line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
Melt the butter and let it cool a bit.
Put the brown and white sugars into a bowl, pour the slightly cooled melted butter on the top and beat together.
Beat in the vanilla extract, the egg an egg yolk until the mixture is light and creamy.
Slowly, mix in all the flour and the bicarb, then fold in the chocolate chips.
Scoop tablespoons-full of the dough and plop them down on the baking tray.
Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the edges of your cookies are a light golden colour.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool, then transfer to a wire rack.


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment